Vision and Mission
Career Counseling and Support Services Vision
To empower students to make lifelong, responsible and meaningful choices in a global and dynamic world.
Career Counseling and Support Services Mission
To serve the career development needs of OSU students by providing high quality and diversity-sensitive services through counseling, consultation and lasting partnerships, designed to facilitate learning and advance well-being, purpose, identity development and citizenship.
We assist students achieve successful outcomes by:
- Connecting students' interests, values, skills and personality with the world of work.
- Aiding development of students' interests by exploring various majors and careers.
- Encouraging students to test their ideas with internships, informational interviews, volunteering, and extracurricular activities.
- Providing customized attention to resumes, vitas, job search letters, and interviewing skills.
- Listening and helping with personal concerns that relate to career decisions.
- Assisting students' implementation of decisions by learning how to conduct a job search or plan for graduate or professional school.
- Informing students about the University's employment assistance services.