Is Career Counseling for You?
Is Career Counseling for you?
In addition to helping with career and major exploration and elements of the job search campaign, such as resumes and interviewing, CCSS sees many students that are facing challenges as they seek career clarity.
As you explore your career path, you may experience fear or self-doubt about your ability to achieve your career goals.
- Anxiety may be clouding your path and keeping you from taking the next steps in pursing the career you want.
- You may lack confidence in your ability to develop the resume and interview skills needed to land the jobs you are most interested in or worried your skills don’t match your goals
- You might be faced with the grief, fear and rejection that often accompany letting go of previous career goals.
- Your multiple interests, abundance of ideas or diverse skill set may make it difficult to organize your thoughts.
- It can be a struggle as you compare yourself to your peers and navigate external pressures from familial expectations.
- You may face challenging situations related to diversity, prejudice and/or discrimination.
If any of the above sounds like something you may be struggling with we can help.
- We help students every day as they cope with and process these personal issues related to their career path.
- We can help you develop and understand your own career story and find valuable ways to express your own identity/life purpose and boost your self-efficacy to find and land the jobs you are looking for.
- We provide a place for you to be vulnerable as you explore your fears and doubts and learn to respond to failure, the unknown and other challenges in constructive and positive ways.