Learning About Yourself
Buckeye OnPACE is pleased to present FOCUS. To use FOCUS you must be a current Ohio State student. To start using this self-directed career assessment, you will need to visit http://careers.osu.edu.
1. Click on STUDENTS
2. Click on BUCKEYE OnPACE
3. "LOGIN" at the top right with your name.# credentials
4. After login you will see a Dashboard with 2 options, click on the 2nd one, Focus Careers Assessment. This should take you right into the Focus program.
Additionally, we invite you to complete the "Finding Your Focus module" to be proactive and further explore yourself and how self-awareness supports your ideas about majors and careers. The aim of this module is to help you find focus and a career path in which you can be successful.
After using FOCUS, you may wish to PRINT your results and discuss them with a Career Counseling and Support Services counselor (688-3898) or staff in your College Career Services Office.
- O*Net Interest Profiler This instrument is a self-assessment career exploration tool that can help you discover the type of work activities and occupations that you would like and find exciting.
- Career Interest Game Based on Holland RIASEC model, the University of Missouri has put together a list of occupations corresponding to each of the six categories including brief occupational descriptions.
- Career Zone Excellent site for exploring how one's interests relate to the various occupational titles. To learn more about your interests select "Assess Yourself".
- VIA survey The VIA Institute on Character offers the VIA Survey on character strengths free of charge. You will have the opportunity to learn more about your character and personality strengths with an in-depth VIA Character Reports.
- Keirsey Temperament This web site includes foreign languages versions and detailed information about your temperament. A cost is required for extensive information about your profile.